I had planned a different blog post for this month, but when I noticed that my post would be the 100th Sub It Club blog post, I realized I needed something a bit more celebratory.
I just want to send a great big WooHoo!! out into the world.
Sub It Club is almost a year old, and over the past 99 blog posts we’ve celebrated major milestones and queries that worked:
- BEDTIME MONSTER: A Query Letter that Worked
- MARATHON MOUSE: A Query Letter that Worked
- OTTO GROWS DOWN: A Query Letter that Worked
- TELL THE STORY: A Query Letter that Worked
- Past Loves: A Query Letter that Worked
- Sub It Club Success Story: Veronica Bartles’ TWELVE STEPS
We’ve seen beautiful artwork and learned about the ways illustrators create and use promotional postcards in the POSTCARD POSTS showcasing talented illustrators:
We’ve seen tips for writing queries and the dreaded synopsis:
- From Pitch to Query Letter
- 6 Tips for Choosing Comp Titles
- Query Letters Take Time
- The Non-Fiction Query
- Synopsizing Part 1: Yes, We Are Going There
- Synopsizing Part 2: From Magnificent Manuscript to Sparkling Summary in 4 Steps
- There’s More Than One Way to Query a Cat
We’ve shared insights and advice from behind the scenes of major contests:
- A Few Thoughts from Behind the Scenes of Pitch Wars
- Are Pitch Contests Worth it? (Behind the Scenes of Pitch Madness)
- Timing is Everything: Don’t Let Impatience Hurt Your Chances
And so much more!
If you’re new to Sub It Club (and even if you’ve been with us from the beginning), take a moment to explore the past blog posts. It’s been a year full of awesome, and we have lots of amazing things in store for the future!!
Past Posts by Author: