Your Sub It Club Partners
- Keep track via email Click to receive emails when we post something new.
- LOOKING FOR SOMETHING?
- About the Club
- Agent Stories
- Cover Letters
- Query Letters
- QUERY LETTERS THAT WORKED
- Social Media
- Strange Submission Stories
- Sub It Success
- Sub Tip
- Sub Tools
- Subbing Success!
- Submissions 101
- The Postcard Post
- Grab our badge!
- We share loads of great info on Twitter!
- RT @VanessaRobins7: For my sanity please list the hook first in your query https://t.co/vvm8WEOKIn twitted 2 days ago
- RT @bookishchick: Waiting sucks, and I know it. New blog post: penandparsley.com/blog/2017/4/18… twitted 2 days ago
- Make a list...or don't. Today Amy Dixon encourages us to change things up! subitclub.com/2017/04/20/104… fb.me/88wgZJ8sk twitted 3 days ago
- Make a list...or don't. @dixonamy12 encourages us to change things up! subitclub.com/2017/04/20/104… #amwriting twitted 3 days ago
- RT @KiraWatsonESA: Would love to see more of non-fiction projects directed at Teens/Young Adults in my inbox. #MSWL twitted 3 days ago
- by Laura Shovantagged: sub-it-club-member-s-books and to-readby Mark Waxmantagged: to-read, chapter-books, and sub-it-club-member-s-books
See all of our member's books on Goodreads.
Category Archives: Cover Letters
It’s a general rule not to add a question to your query. Why? Putting a question into a query or cover letter makes the reader, aka agent or editor, have to fill in the blank themselves. You may or may … Continue reading
When you’re writing a query letter it can take a long time. A really long time. Sure, sometimes query letter come easily. You know your hook right from the start. Your description is dead on. Other times, you have to … Continue reading
Today we have a query letter for the amazing picture book, Otto Grows Down, by one of the members of the club, author Michael Sussman. Otto Grows Down is a fun story with a great hook. It was published by … Continue reading
You love your manuscript! You do, don’t you? (Otherwise maybe you’d better do a little more thinking about whether or not you’re ready to send it out on submission.) How do you show an agent or editor … Continue reading
We’re still testing some things out here at Sub It Club and are working hard to make things run smoothly. Last week we posted our first query letter for critique in our private WordPress chatroom and there was A LOT of … Continue reading
Quick answer: The query letter is a tool to gain permission to send your manuscript. The cover letter accompanies the requested manuscript. Better answer: The query letter is a sales pitch. The cover letter reconnects the agent/editor with the reason … Continue reading