It’s already six months since we started the Sub It Club. It’s our Half-Year Anniversary! To celebrate this milestone, I’ve compiled the top six things I like about Sub It Club.
6. The positive examples shared with us in “A Query Letter that Worked.” I love getting a peek at a query letter that attracted a publishing industry pro’s attention and ultimately led to publication.
5. I love inviting illustrators to share their work and tips in “The Postcard Post.” It’s a feast for the eyes and an inspiration.
4. The query feedback we give and receive weekly in the private Facebook group. Members generously share their work for all to see and learn from. And we get to exercise our critiquing muscles by giving feedback— a great way to improve our own queries, cover letters and pitches.
3. Information sharing in the form of supportive, motivating blogs posts throughout each month. They are so helpful. And who knew there were so many kooky gifs out there?
2. There’s always something going on over at Facebook private group. There’s great communication between people with similar goals. And the LINKS! With so much out there on the worldwide web so it’s nice to have others point out the pertinent stuff: tip offs about agents, publishers open to submissions, contests, etc.
1. Sub It Club keeps me focused on finishing my work to submission quality. It gives me deadlines by encouraging me to set and evaluate goals each month. I have changed my outlook since becoming involved with Sub It Club: each day I must consciously move my work towards submission.
Six-month anniversaries call for chocolate, non? We want to know what you like best about Sub It Club. Leave a comment with your top reason or more to enter our giveaway. If your name is chosen randomly, you’ll receive some chocolate sent to you from France. Increase your chances by spreading the news: tweet this blog or share it on facebook and tell us in the comments for extra entries. (Giveaway ends July 2, 2013.)
There’s always room for more in the Sub It Club. If you’d like to join our private Sub It Club Facebook group, send a request.